Turkey Bruschetta Burger
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
For the burgers:
- 1.25 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp red onion, grated
- salt and fresh pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella
- Combine the red onion, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Dice the vine ripe tomatoes, then place in the bowl.
- Add the garlic, basil and additional salt and pepper, to taste and mix well and set aside.
- Grate the zucchini
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the zucchini in a paper towel.
- Combine the ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Form into 5 equal sized burger patties.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. When hot, lightly spray with oil.
- Add the burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes.
- To serve, arrange 3 slices of tomatoes on each dish, then place 1 cup arugula on top in the center, then top with the burger and finish with the bruschetta
- Top with shredded cheese when ready to serve.