Creamy Cauliflower Chowder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced Carrots
- 1 Whole Head of Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- Salt to taste
- 2 slices of bacon crumbled for topping
1. In a Dutch oven or soup pot, heat butter and add onions and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes till the onions are soft.
2. Add carrots, cauliflower, vegetable broth, pepper, oregano and salt to the pot. Bring this to a boil, and slow the heat down to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or so till the cauliflower is tender.
3. Switch off the flame and using a blender, blend the soup partly in the soup pot. If you don’t have a hand blender, pour half the soup into a blender and pulse a few tips till creamy.
4. Switch the flame back on and add a cup of water or broth along with the cream cheese. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and switch off the flame. Feel free to thin the soup further if you like with some more broth. Top with bacon and serve hot.