Chicken and Avocado Soup Recipe
2 cups shredded chicken breast
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups scallions
5 cups chicken broth
pinch chipotle chili powder
2 small avocados,
1/3 cup cilantro
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add 1 cup of finely chopped scallions and minced garlic.
3. Sauté about 2 minutes
4. Add diced tomato and sauté another minute, until soft.
5. Add chicken stock, cumin and chili powder and bring to a boil.
6. Simmer, covered on low for about 15-20 minutes.
7. In four bowls, fill each with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 avocado, remainder of the scallions, and cilantro.
8. Ladle 1 cup chicken broth over the chicken and serve with a lime wedge