Do things that matter.
Be a part of something special.
Change people’s lives by making them healthier and happier through education and lifestyle change. That is the One Life way. All within a fun and loving environment with a team that LOVES their job.
Leave behind the less pleasing aspects of medical practice – there is no on-call, no night shifts, very little paperwork, no dictations, no EHR and you’ll never need to stay after work to finish your charting. And because we don’t accept insurance you’ll never have to hassle with prior authorizations, formularies or reimbursement issues.
One Life is a San Diego based medical weight loss company that opened its first clinic in April of 2010. Since opening we have experienced remarkable growth as well as numerous accolades, including San Diego magazine’s “Best Weight Loss Clinic” in its first year. One Life has two clinics, one in Solana Beach and another in Carlsbad.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates to apply for the position of Medical Director.
- Conducting each patient’s initial consultation as well as alternating weekly visits
- Providing support, education, counseling, encouragement and motivation
- Overseeing and assisting the associate counselor
- Prescribing and dispensing prescription medications
- Providing any necessary medical oversight during your patient’s weight loss
- Maintaining a strong and current knowledge base of One Life’s principles and strategies
- Assisting the Clinical Director in managing the clinic’s daily operations
- Consistently providing exceptional customer service
While medical proficiency is integral to the role of the medical director, One Life is seeking an outgoing and upbeat individual who also possesses a high level of social skills. Someone adept at building relationships and friendships quickly, who enjoys their role as a teacher. The ideal candidate is capable of moving quickly between patients while still maintaining an unhurried personal approach with each patient.
- Supportive, encouraging and genuinely cares about their patients
- Is a perceptive listener and an articulate communicator
- But while being an good listener is able to redirect and move things forward when necessary
- Is highly efficient and enjoys working in an energetic and fast-paced setting
- Has a strong work ethic and a high level of curiosity
- Enjoys thinking outside of the box
- Is the type to look for ways to improve efficiency and to rethink how things are done
- Is able to balance being a strong leader with being a dedicated team player
- Is comfortable with being on an equal footing with the rest of the team
- Is able to be fun and playful while always maintaining a professional level of respect
- A current California medical license
- An unrestricted DEA license