Chorizo and Veggie Egg Bites Recipe
- Half pound chorizo
- Half of a yellow onion, diced
- 9 eggs
- ½ cup raw spinach, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 5 ounces mozzarella
- ¼ cup parmesan for garnish
- ¼ cup Pork Dust
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chorizo, onion, garlic and bell peppers in a large skillet until meat is brown, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add cheese and spinach and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the chorizo mixture to the egg mix and stir together.
- Spray a regular size muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup to the top with the egg-chorizo mixture.
- Sprinkle each muffin with Parmesan cheese & Pork Dust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Top with salsa or pico de gallo and serve.
(Can keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or freeze them for up to two months.)